WACO, Texas, Aug. 25, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The nation’s main house servicing, restore and advancement franchise, Mr. Handyman, a Neighborly company, is calling newbie DIYers and resourceful homeowners almost everywhere to enter its next once-a-year “Duct Tape Fails” contest with photographs of their most hilarious makes an attempt – and failures – to fix one thing around the property with duct tape. The contest released August 1, but there’s nevertheless time with entries acknowledged until eventually the end of the thirty day period.
Opposite to what some may well think, duct tape can’t in fact fix every thing. It’ll enable in a bind if you will need to patch a gap in your vacuum hose or tent, but it can be under no circumstances a everlasting option for household enhancement. Have you ever tried to correct one thing all around the property using duct tape, and it was just a whole fail? We might love to see these hilarious Diy issues! To enter the “Duct Tape Fails” contest, visit the Mr. Handyman Facebook contest page and post a picture of your duct tape fail by August 31 at 11:59 p.m. CST. Mr. Handyman will award 4 random winners with a $250 gift card to The House Depot.
“Our crew at Mr. Handyman is thrilled to be rolling out this contest for a next time,” stated J.B. Sassano, president of Mr. Handyman. “I feel every home owner can relate to a failed try at hoping to Diy fix one thing close to the household, and this contest permits us to uncover the humor and comradery in it all.”
If duct tape is not a resolution for dwelling repairs, what’s it great for? Right here are a number of of Mr. Handyman’s favourite makes use of for duct tape:
- Patch a Hole: Duct tape is fantastic for temporarily patching a hole in your vacuum hose or tent. It can be pretty h2o-resistant and makes for a great patch until you can have holes professionally fastened or restored.
- Do it yourself Lint or Pet Hair Roller: We all know how extremely sticky duct tape is, and it would make for a excellent Do it yourself refill on your lint rollers when you run out of the original tape. Upcycle your empty lint roller and wrap a piece of duct tape (sticky aspect out) about it, and voila!
- Take out Splinters: If you cannot discover tweezers, ultra-sticky duct tape can be a great option. Simply just use a little piece around the afflicted space and gradually peel it back again from your pores and skin to clear away the splinter.
- Decide Up Glass: Just after you split a dish, occasionally there are very small shards of glass still left at the rear of after you sweep and vacuum the area. Utilize a couple strips of duct tape to the flooring and diligently peel it absent, lifting small shards of glass with it.
- Boost Crafts: Duct tape is extremely sturdy and durable, so if you are crafting your kid’s science project or creating a fort out of boxes, duct tape gives a wonderful way to make certain it all stays together. You can even get inventive and construct objects completely out of duct tape – which is a pleasurable challenge for kids!
- Fly Paper: If you happen to be working with pesky household flies and gnats, hanging a strip of duct tape or two over your kitchen sink may possibly help you capture a couple of.
For far more useful dwelling upkeep and restore ideas, take a look at the Mr. Handyman weblog. To master much more about Mr. Handyman’s “Duct Tape Fails” contest, stop by the Mr. Handyman Fb contest page.
About Mr. Handyman®
Mr. Handyman® is North America’s main professional and residential house servicing, repair and advancement business. With about 300 places through the U.S. and Canada, Mr. Handyman® is identified as just one of the swiftest increasing, handyman assistance franchise techniques. Obtained in 2015, Mr. Handyman® is portion of Neighborly®, the world’s biggest property companies franchisor of 28 makes and pretty much 4,800 independently owned and operated franchises that mend, keep and greatly enhance houses, united below one platform serving 10 million+ buyers in 9 nations. Neighborly® manufacturers are uncovered at Neighborly.com in the United States and Neighbourly.ca in Canada. For far more information and facts about Mr. Handyman®, go to MrHandyman.com. To master about franchising prospects with Neighborly®, click below.
Media Contact: Abigail Cox, Fishman General public Relations, 847-945-1300 or [email protected]
Source Mr. Handyman