Finance Committee, Plan Commission, Urban Design and more this week.
Monday, April 26, 2021
4:30 pm Finance Committee VIRTUAL
4:30 pm Sustainable Madison Committee VIRTUAL
5:30 pm Plan Commission VIRTUAL
- Planning Division presentation on proactive zoning within the Oscar Mayer Special Area Plan area
- Creating Section 28.022 – 00492 of the Madison General Ordinances to amend a Planned Development District at property located at 9301 Crosswinds Lane, 1st Aldermanic District, amending the General Development Plan, and creating Section 28.022 – 00493 to approve a Specific Implementation Plan
- Creating Sections 28.022 – 00497 of the Madison General Ordinances to change the zoning of property located at 1901 Aberg Avenue, 12th Aldermanic District, from IL (Industrial Limited) District to PD(GDP) Planned Development (General Development Plan), and creating and 28.022 – 00498 of the Madison General Ordinances to change the zoning of same from PD(GDP) Planned Development (General Development Plan) District and PD(SIP) Planned Development (Specific Implementation Plan) District.
- 333 S Westfield Road; 9th Ald. Dist.: Consideration of a demolition permit to demolish a bank to allow construction of a multi-tenant commercial building with vehicle access sales and service windows; consideration of a conditional use in the Suburban Employment (SE) District for food and beverage establishments in a multi-tenant commercial building; and consideration of a conditional use in the SE District for an outdoor eating area associated with a food and beverage establishment.
- 3457 Milwaukee Street; 15th Ald. Dist.: Consideration of a demolition permit to allow the demolition of a single-family residence to facilitate expansion of O.B. Sherry Park.
- 3461 Milwaukee Street; 15th Ald. Dist.: Consideration of a demolition permit to allow the demolition of a single-family residence to facilitate expansion of O.B. Sherry Park.
- 3465 Milwaukee Street; 15th Ald. Dist.: Consideration of a demolition permit to allow the demolition of a single-family residence to facilitate expansion of O.B. Sherry Park.
- 177 S Fair Oaks Avenue; 6th Ald. Dist.: Consideration of a conditional use in the Traditional Employment (TE) District for an outdoor eating area for a restaurant-tavern tenant in a mixed-use building and consideration of a conditional use in the TE District for outdoor recreation.
- 410 Atlas Avenue; 3rd Ald. Dist.: Consideration of a conditional use in the Industrial-Limited (IL) District for an animal daycare facility in an existing building.
- 2042 E Main Street; 6th Ald. Dist.: Consideration of a demolition permit to
demolish a single-family residence and construct a new single-family
5:30 pm Police Civilian Oversight Board Equitable Hiring Tool Taskforce VIRTUAL
- Reconsideration and further discussion regarding the Education section of the Equitable Hiring Tool and Independent Police Monitor description
- Apply Equitable Hiring Tool to the Experience section of the Independent Police Monitor
description and note any recommended changes
- Review the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities section on the Independent Police Monitor
- Apply Equitable Hiring Tool to the Physical Requirement and Travel Requirements sections of the Independent Police Monitor description and note any recommended changes
- Review Independent Police Monitor Class Description and Equitable Hiring Tool answers and make any additional final recommendations
- Discuss next steps for the Taskforce for the April 29th full Civilian Oversight Board meeting and future tasks and meetings
- Review Forecast of 2021 Deadlines.
- Review of Selection Process (Nomination Rules, Process, Evaluation and Pre-Selection Evaluation)
Tuesday, April 27, 2021
11:00 am Board of Health for Madison and Dane County – Budget Committee VIRTUAL
12:30 pm Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District – Employee Leadership Council VIRTUAL
- Discuss issue requests.
- Review action items.
4:30 pm Water Utility Board VIRTUAL
Wednesday, April 28, 2021
10:00 am Street Use Staff Commission VIRTUAL
- ART FAIR OFF THE SQUARE
Sat. July 10, 9am-6pm – Sun. July 11, 2021, 10am-5pm
Street Closure: 200 block of MLK Jr. Blvd / Fri. July 9, 6pm – Sun. July 11, 8pm
Annual Art Fair: Discuss schedule, setup, activities, COVID checklist
Wisconsin Alliance of Artists / Lezlie Blanton
- MADISON GOSPEL 5K “SOCIALLY DISTANCED” RUN/WALK
Sat. July 17, 2021 / 6am-2pm
Street Closure: Dane Street (along Penn Park)
Start/Finish: Penn Park
Madison Gospel 5k Foundation / Uchenna Jones
- MADISON MINI-MARATHON
Sat. July 24, 2021 / 2am-12:30pm
Street Closure: see application
Vision Event Management / Jeff Graves
- STARKWEATHER CREEK PAVEMENT PAINTING
Sat. June 5, 2021 / 9am-9pm
Street Closure: 2900 Commercial Ave
Pavement Mural Painting
Eken Park Neighborhood Association / Zach Johnson
- Presentation on Draft Population, Household, and Employment Forecasts and Future Land Use Development Scenario for Regional Development Framework and Regional Transportation Plan (Steve Steinhoff, CARPC)
- Recommendation on Proposed Revisions to the Greater Madison MPO’s Surface Transportation Block Grant (STBG) – Urban Program Policies and Project Evaluation Criteria
- Summary of Local Staff Responses to Questions Asked to Inform the Update to the Regional Transportation Plan
- Committee Member Reports
- Staff Report
2:30 pm Committee on Aging VIRTUAL
4:30 pm Urban Design Commission VIRTUAL
5:00 pm Transportation Commission VIRTUAL
- Amending the 2021 Capital Budget to add $3,673,990 in federal funding to Metro’s Satellite Bus Facility project.
- Amending the 2021 Adopted Operating Budget for Metro Transit to appropriate $300,000 for operating costs associated with Metro’s new satellite facility, to add $300,000 in federal funds to support the costs, and to create 3.0 FTE positions to support operations of the satellite facility.
- Amending the 2021 Adopted Capital Budget to change the funding sources for the Metro Transit – Facilities Repairs and Improvements program and the Metro Transit -Transit Technology System project.
- Discontinuing and vacating a portion of the public road right-of-way of Mineral Point Road adjacent to the UW Research Park, being located in part of the NE ¼ of the NW ¼ of Section 30, Township 7 North, Range 9 East, City of Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin. (19th AD)
- Amending the 2021 Adopted Operating Budget for Metro Transit to create a 1.0 FTE Transit Accountant position and to add $55,000 in federal funds to support the 2021 personnel costs for the new position.
- 2021 Vision Zero Projects review and approval
- Authorizing the Mayor and City Clerk to execute an agreement with the State of Wisconsin Department of Transportation for the design and construction for safety improvements at the Gammon Rd & Watts Rd intersection through Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) Project, I.D. 5992-07-18/19. (1st & 19th Ads).
- Review of Vilas Park Drive Interim Configurations
- 20 is Plenty: Phase One Review and Approval
- Neighborhood Traffic Management Program Follow Up
- Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Review
5:30 pm Community Services Committee VIRTUAL
Thursday, April 29, 2021
5:00 pm Police Civilian Oversight Board VIRTUAL