Revitalize homes, communities and your vocation as a Development Assistant in our Essential House Maintenance Plan!
Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region is seeking for a Critical Home Repair Construction Assistant to assist our mission rehabbing existing houses. The Assistant will perform with Web-site Supervisor team to the two complete development duties and guide volunteers in the completion of people same tasks. The assistant will gain worthwhile abilities in construction, management, and position web site management. This is an interesting opportunity to be a aspect of a primary nonprofit business in the industry of very affordable housing.
Operating to construct households, communities and hope in Charlotte and the encompassing spot, Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Area has partnered with far more than 3,000 people since 1983. This calendar year, we will assistance over 300 family members via new residence construction, recycling present residences, essential household repair jobs and economical literacy education. This is an enjoyable opportunity to be part of a foremost nonprofit organization in the subject of cost-effective housing.
Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Location delivers aggressive wages and a good cost-effective advantages package. Pay as very little as $28 for each month for health insurance policy! Complimentary eyesight, short & prolonged-phrase incapacity and everyday living/Ad&D. Dental and FSA accounts also readily available. Retirement Plan with up to 3% match. PTO for full and element time positions. Up to ten paid holidays for entire-time crew associates.
Essential Functionality: Preserve houses for households in have to have of a decent location to reside! Carry out and manage other folks in the effectiveness of jobs immediately linked to restoring properties, while upholding the specifications of partnership, quality, security, and workforce participation. Construction interns are portion of Habitat Charlotte’s HabiCorps plan and various trainings are required.
Necessary Functions (other obligations may possibly be assigned):
- Members will guide in the preservation of houses by repairing residences by the Habitat Charlotte Home Fix Plan which repairs operator occupied residences
- Guide in the execution of all factors of restoring a residence from demolition to final inspections and punch record
- Relate to volunteers and homeowners as a buddy, mentor and trainer, patiently instructing and encouraging other folks in responsibilities and participation
- Encourage partnership amongst all members in the Habitat program, providing special focus to the needs and fears of house owners and improving conversation concerning personnel, volunteers, and owners
- Conduct jobs that are staff priorities
- Help in organizing for every single service day to insure that all necessary sources — materials and human — are readily available to finish the undertaking listing
- Observe Habitat Charlotte’s method of constructing applying the Habitat Charlotte Approved Approaches Development Handbook
- Maintain Habitat tools, as assigned
- Total duties on time
- Curiosity, willingness and potential to serve beside all varieties of people today with-in a dedication to the Habitat software
- Be an powerful group member, communicating brazenly and retaining respect for other people. Foster fantastic interactions with workers, volunteers, owners, inspectors and sub-contractors. Continue being Versatile.
- Skill to and interest in buying and maintaining a understanding of creating expectations and methods
- Manage and observe via with duties and tasks. Clearly show initiative and willingness to study.
- Exhibit a beneficial and respectful mind-set when interacting with staff, house owners, volunteers and the community
- Frequent and trusted career attendance
- Capacity to adhere to the program
- Depict Habitat in a positive, expert fashion
- Means to adhere to Habitat’s Code of Carry out policies and other policies
- Ought to have trustworthy transportation to operate
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving history needed
- Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region relevant jobs as requested by supervisor
- Capacity to climb ladders and scaffolding, capability to get the job done and maneuver on roofs and significant spaces
- Capacity to function in restricted confines and in just crawlspaces, putting on a respirator as wanted
- Capacity to maneuver in excess of uneven ground
- Skill to raise up to 75 lbs. unassisted
- Capacity to stand most or all of any specified working day.
- Ability to function outside for prolonged intervals of time all through all months of the yr.
Internal Interactions: Construction workers and other Habitat employees as necessary
- Habitat Volunteers and Donors
- Habitat Owners
Stage of Authority:
- Liable for execution of certain development tasks and projects as assigned
- Does not have immediate reports
Approximated Time Determination: 40 hours/week Monday – Friday, close to 7:00am-4:00pm, with actual starting occasions dependent on the time of 12 months, the temperature, and the development program.
Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region is a drug-free of charge place of work. A pre-employment drug screen and clean qualifications look at is needed.